Friday, July 6, 2012

Keter Closet


iwannagohome.
knowing i'm more likely to go on to narnia;
 i stuff myself into the keter closet,
cramp up into the aron;
 make myself holy to lie here,
like a sefer torah rolled up tight;
Pretzeled up alone in the dark,
folded onto a bottom shelf,
with six faded shells stacked in a pile;
i put them up to my ear but I don’t hear the sea;
but i listen but i don’t hear the sea.
iwannagohome

but home is a keter closet with space for me,
and six off white shells, but no room for shirts.
--



Definitions:

Keter closet:  a brand that makes plastic closets. Keter translates into english as crown.

Aron: hebrew from a closet, also the holy ark where Torah scrolls are kept in synogogue.

Sefer torah: Torah Scroll

Shells: a type of undershirt also what some animals live in in the sea.

A Normal Keter Closet:
My Keter Closet:

Navigating through homesickness is part of the aliyah process. It's not bad, it's not good, it's just something to work through. I write poems and decorate my closet to deal. :)

Kol Tuv
L

No comments:

Post a Comment