Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Response to Comments


Really wish I could do this in the comments section, but its not working for some bizarre reasons. Maybe just my technical ineptitude. At least it provides a great opportunity to use the word ineptitude.

In response to comments left on I'm Not Your Sweetie  by Anat. :
"These things make me angry as much as anything possibly can! I do think it's terror, it makes you afraid and feeling helpless and vulnerable... I suggest carrying pepper spray. Even just for the sense of safety! It just makes my want to curl my feminist mustache in despair "

 So I agree with you 100% I think that we're taught to sort of treat this kind of day to day violence against women like its nothing. I know I take it for granted that any time I walk down Ivin Gvirol I will probably get harrassed like this at least once, if not more.
The last line sort of says it:
"How are you honey?” she asks with a kiss to the cheek." - potentially a gesture of comfort.
"“Absolutely fine. " I say, and for some weird reason, it's true. "" - its weird, precisely because it is weird to be okay with this kind of bullshit. It's bizzare we just put up with it.


No comments:

Post a Comment